Monday, May 6, 2013

Simple Math Do-Nows


I'm a big fan of simple Do-Nows the students can complete when they enter the classroom, as we transition from one subject to another, or after lunch/recess.  I feel it helps the students switch gears and prepares them for the new task to come.  I'm always looking for something simple, but I also want a sense of repetition for students who benefit from some structure in their lives. 



I found this worksheet on Pinterest and thought this would be a perfect daily math do-now or something to do with calendar time, especially for our little learners.  The best thing is that the worksheet is free over at TeachersPayTeachers.  Click here.











This was another similar idea thanks to Jody at Confessions of a Kinder Teacher!










For older students or accelerated learners I also found a great worksheet that uses a "Number of theDay."  The worksheet has the students write the number in expanded form, word form, adding to the number, subtracting from the number, and much more.  Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment