Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Reading A-Z With Style


In the district I currently work with, Reading A-Z is a much-used resourced.  I, still a substitute, am not privy to my own secret password, but have perused the site  Shhh...don't tell anyone.  Actually, this became vital in my most recent position because the school lost most of its textbooks, workbooks, supplies, library books, etc. as a result of Hurricane Sandy.  We all scrambled for materials to use in the classroom.  What I sought most were leveled books and Reading A-Z had plenty of them... thank goodness.

Which is I why I loved this idea so much!!! It's a cute and decorative way to organize all those great resources offered at Reading A-Z. 

Kaitlyn, at Wicked Fun in First Grade, explains how she laminates the cover page and then adds colored duct tape to the edge.  She not only protected them for future use, but color coded them according to levels.   Brilliant!  There are so many possibilities... classroom library, Daily 5 "good fit" books, or as Kaitlyn did - leveled homework reading. 





No comments:

Post a Comment